Video on demand | Original air date: November 8, 2017
Cyber is a new and constantly evolving product that has raised a lot of questions for insurance professionals across the country. The ongoing changes to coverage, difference in language and terms used, and increasing threat of cyber breaches takes cyber insurance to top-of-mind for P&C professionals.
This online course will give you an overview of cyber insurance to help you understand, communicate and sell the right cyber product to clients.
- Why cyber insurance: the implications of cyber insurance, cost considerations for organizations
- Understanding and breaking down types of cyber insurance: first and third party coverage, what do they cover, where do clients need a different policy, where is there overlap?
- Coverage scenarios: from equipment loss to cyber scams and claims
- Understanding what different cyber policies mean, and how to streamline the language
- What kinds of variables do you need to look out for when explaining policies to your clients
- All companies need cyber, but which markets are most susceptible to risk?
This course is CE credit-certified by AIC, ICS, RIBO, and credits may be applicable to BC.
* AIC CE certificates will be forwarded retroactively.
Greg Markell is a leading insurance expert on the topic of cyber and privacy liability. He has advised public, private, and non-profit organizations regarding their risk transfer of organizational exposure to cyber-related losses.
Greg began his career underwriting for a large national insurer, starting in property and casualty before quickly moving into executive and professional risk, with a focus on director’s and officer’s (D&O) insurance. He then moved on to join a national brokerage, focusing on specialty insurance products for financial services companies, including D&O and cyber liability. He left this firm as a partner in 2014 and joined a top 10 global broker, where he was a resource for his colleagues for D&O and the practice leader for cyber and privacy liability.
Greg received his Bachelor of Commerce degree with a minor in Economics from Queen’s University. He is a Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional and an accredited Canadian Risk Manager.
READ FIRST: Course Instructions
Cyber Insurance 101
Short Quiz | 3 Questions | CE Credits
Business Building Resources 5 Big Cyber Attacks - Fact Sheet 1 Impacts of Cyber Attacks on your Business - Fact Sheet 2 Cyber Insurance client letter Social media pre-made campaign - Cyber Insurance Cyber Insurance Promo Video
$149.00Leveraging insurtech to create a superior customer experienceLearn operational and hands-on strategies to integrate innovative technology platforms into practice.
$149.00Social media and insuranceLeverage popular social media platforms to get the best for your business.